… In 1992, a collaboration of dedicated community residents founded the Smith Hill Community Development Corporation
with a belief that neighborhood revitalization and affordable housing opportunities were imperative for the social and economic growth of the Smith Hill neighborhood.
Dear Friend, Colleague and Supporter,
As 2016 draws to a close, the staff and Board of Directors at the Smith Hill Community Development Corporation are taking a moment to reflect on 24 years of service to the residents of Smith Hill. Thanks to the strategic vision and commitment of past and present leadership, we have a long record of accomplishments.
Housing is what we have done well …
- 175+ units of rental, homeownership, condominiums and landlord options developed
- 2,500+ families have had a place to call home
- 12% retention in resident homeownership
- 1st CDC in RI to provide Permanent Supportive Housing to survivors of domestic abuse
- Recognized and asked by neighboring communities to bring our services to their neighborhoods
We remain steadfast in our mission to serve low to moderate income families and individuals through sustainable rental and home-ownership opportunities. Yet, as we enter our 25th year, we also recognize that we have transformed into much more than just a housing provider.
Now, we are more than housing …
|WE ARE Youth Programming||WE ARE Job Training||WE ARE Community Gardens||WE ARE Financial Literacy||WE ARE Neighborhood Beautification||WE ARE Food & Blessing Drives|
|After school programs for children of our residents ages 5-18||Personal and professional development for at risk youth ages 14-20||Planted, harvested and overseen by community residents, young and old||Home-buyer education, budgeting for economic stability||Clean-ups, tree plantings, graffiti removal||Turkey drives, blessing bags for the homeless, Christmas gifts for families|
“If you have a purpose in which you can believe,
there is no end to the amount of things you can accomplish”
Marian Anderson, early American Songwriter
As we embark on our 25th year, we are asking for your financial support. Your generosity will enable us to fill critical needs in the community and create opportunities for residents. As you may be aware, resources for nonprofits have dwindled in the past years and like so many others, our need is high.
Your gift of:
- $25,000 will help support the salary of our tireless staff who provide housing development services, on-site property management services, youth and one-on-one resident services.
- $2,500 will replace a broken boiler, repair roofs or paint peeling exteriors.
- $250 will support the stipend for two at-risk youth for one week in our Stewardship program.
- $25 will purchase healthy food options for one week at our YouthRAP after school program.
- Any amount will help us carry on our mission to Smith Hill and beyond.
Please send your gift today. Our community is counting on your support. Our staff, Board of Directors and community members join me in thanking you for your generous partnership and support. Your donation is helping to make our community stronger, healthier, right here, right now.
With sincere thanks and blessings for a brilliant 2017,
Jean M. Lamb