YouthRAP (Youth Resident Activities Program) is a program offered to youth living in the Renaissance II, Smith Hill Visions and Smith Hill Visions II Housing Developments in the Smith Hill neighborhood of Providence, RI. Through the program, the youth are able to go on field trips all over New England, receive homework help, and participate in after school and weekend activities. YouthRAP strives to create a program that is interesting, fun, and educational.
**YouthRAP now has a facebook page for YouthRAP members and their parents/guardians. Friend us at: Smith Hill YouthRAP**
Please contact the YouthRAP Coordinator for up to date information on program start dates
If you have any questions, call the NEW YouthRAP phone line at (401) 383-9902 or E-mail: Lauren@smithhillcdc.org and we can set up a time to meet. Thank you!
Important News Letter From RI Housing : Page 6 Features one of our YouthRAP participants!
For more information, please click on the appropriate heading below.
YouthRAP is funded by Rhode Island Housing which requires that certain goals be met through the program:
Goals of YouthRAP
- Provide job readiness skills and employment
- Youth leadership development
- Self esteem and self awareness programs
- Academic achievement opportunities
- Establish working partnerships with the community agencies
- Strengthen relationships between youth and community
- Improve quality of life in the development
- Improve relationships between the residents and the management
Our YouthRAP coordinator is Lauren Utschig. Email her at Lauren@smithhillcdc.org.